|Title of the topic
Ebro Observatory – Ramon Llull University
Roquetes (Tarragona), Spain
http://www.obsebre.es – http://www.url.edu
||Dr. David Altadill (Observatori de l’Ebre-URL)
CE (INFRAIA-02-2020, ID 101007599)
||The gross monthly salary is 2300,00 €.
|Duration of the contract
||18 months that could be extended according to budget availability, with a trial period of 1 month.
|Expected starting time
||From March 1st.
|Profile of applicant
- Experience in relational databases (MySQL/MariaDB) and SQL programming.
- Scientific programming ability in Python and Fortran. Knowledge of Matlab, PHP, HTML and CSS will be valued.
- Experience in API-Restful and WEB services.
- Experience with treatment and analysis of geophysical data.
- Ability to write scientific articles in English and to participate in international scientific conferences also in English.
- Ability to work in LINUX and Windows environments.
|Description of the topic
- Integration of models and databases of OE to the e-science Center in the frame of PITHIA-NRF project.
- Register models and database to the e-science Center following the definitions and ontology developed inside the project to describe data and metadata.
- Participation in research projects developed under the PITHIA-NRF Transnational Access (TNA) program. Both from the scientific and technical support point of view.
- Participation in the outreach activities in the frame of PITHIA-NRF project.
- Research based on the study, analysis, characterization and modeling of physical variables related to Earth’s magnetic field and ionosphere, on a local, regional and global scale.
- Research, characterization and modeling of transient phenomena in the Earth’s magnetic field and ionosphere, and of their mechanisms of external origin, in transient phenomena of solar activity (space weather), and/or internal, in transient coupling phenomena atmospheric (atmospheric weather).
- Research, characterization and modeling of the impact of transient phenomena in the Earth’s magnetic field and ionosphere in technological systems.
- Product development and knowledge transfer to mitigate the pernicious effects of transient phenomena in the Earth’s magnetic field and ionosphere in technological systems.
- Prepare and develop research projects to attract funding for OE activity.
- Visualization, dissemination and outreach of the research and observation activities of the OE (writing reports and scientific articles, and participation in the program of outreach activities of OE).
|Description of the project
||PITHIA-NRF aims at building a European distributed network that integrates observing facilities, data processing tools and prediction models dedicated to ionosphere, thermosphere and plasmasphere research. PITHIA-NRF integrates on a European scale, and opens up, to all European researchers, key national and regional research infrastructures such as EISCAT, LOFAR, ionosondes and digisondes, GNSS receivers, Doppler sounding systems, riometers, and VLF receivers, ensuring optimal use and joint development. PITHIA-NRF is designed to provide organized access to experimental facilities, FAIR data, standardized data products, training and innovation services.
Objectives of the PITHIA-NRF project:
The Ebro Observatory is one of these nodes and makes its infrastructures available to the scientific community to carry out research activities in the domain of Ionosphere research. Besides acting as a node, the Observatory will also contribute to the standardization of data and models, as well as to the dissemination of project results and project activities.
- To provide effective and convenient access to the best European research facilities (nodes) for the upper atmosphere. Access is subsidized through the Transnational Access (TNA) program, and gives the possibility for external research teams to perform their own projects working in one of the PITHIA-NRF nodes.
- To develop integration tools that enable the establishment of a comprehensive Research Infrastructure. This set of tools is provided through the PITHIA-NRF e-science center, providing FAIR data and high-level data-products.
- To provide long-term observational data, required for advancing our knowledge in the Ionospheric, Thermospheric and Plasmaspheric research domain trough connection with the European Open Science Cloud.
- To provide organized and systematic training on the use of observing facilities and of the integration tools. Training is provided through workshops, schools, webinars, and on-site sessions.
- To create a European distributed research infrastructure that will provide a range of research support services to the upper atmosphere research community. To provide the tools for continuous interaction with users. To promote the PITHIA-NRF activities and services to the public and the stakeholders.
To be admitted to this selection process, candidates must meet the following requirements om the deadline for submitting applications:
- Be nationals of any member state of the European Union or, in the case of citizens of countries that are not members of the EU, prove legal residence and work permit in Spain.
- Be of legal age.
- Prove official graduate degree in Physics or informatic, telecommunications, data engineering, or similar.
The deadline for submitting applications is February 20th at 16:00 official time in peninsular Spain.
With the application submitted to take part in this process, the candidate declares that he/she meets the requirements established in the THIRD section of the rules (see below), attaching the following documentation:
By submitting the application, applicants consent to the processing of personal data that are necessary to take part in this call and for the processing of the selection process, in accordance with current legislation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Graduate degree or engineering degree.
- Photocopy of the national ID card, Passport or any other legal identity document in European Union.
- Letter of motivation accrediting his/her interest to occupy the job, no more than four pages long.
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
||The complete rules of this call can be found at: https://www.obsebre.es/images/oeb/pdfs/ca/OfertesTreball/20230116_Bases-Convocatoria-laboral-temporal-PITHIA.pdf